Workshop is coming to Cincinnati on Friday, October 8 and 9th.
2-Day Training – Friday and Saturday, October 8-9
Positive Discipline for the Montessori Classroom – Practitioner’s Class
The Practitioner’s Class is a 2-Day training based on the book, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom, by Jane Nelsen and Chip DeLorenzo. The class is designed to help participants learn how to implement respectful, effective and time-tested methods of classroom management that reflect our deepest values as Montessori educators: mutual respect, cooperation, responsibility, empathy and independence.
Chip DeLorenzo, M.Ed., co-author, Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom
During this experiential training, new and veteran educators and administrators will learn how to:
- Create a classroom community and social/emotional environment that will reduce misbehavior and foster normalization;
- Develop clear and consistent practices amongst the adults in their classrooms to meet behavioral challenges respectfully and effectively;
- Understand the roots of misbehavior in children;
- Empower children to be respectful, cooperative, and responsible members of the classroom community;
- Help children find a sense of belonging and significance in their classroom community;
- Effectively train assistants in classroom management;
- Develop school-wide practices that will help parents as well as teachers.
Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School ~ 4460 Berwick Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 045227
Friday and Saturday, October 8-9, 2021
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day.
- Book: Positive Discipline in the Montessori Classroom
- Class Workbook
Materials will be handed out at the workshop.
Click the link below for registration information.
Regular Registration Fee – $350 after September 10, 2021
10% Group Discount – For groups of three or more from the same school. For groups of three or more from the same school. Email email@example.com for discount code.
Class Registrations: A full refund (minus a $35 processing fee) will be given when the request for a refund is made up to 30 days prior to the first day of the class. Refunds are not available for cancellations less than 30 days before the class. However, paid registrants can transfer to another class presented by Chip within one year at no additional cost. Refunds are not available after a transfer is made or if you do not provide advanced notice that you will not be attending the class. In the event of cancellation, participants will be notified by email.
Questions or Information
Email Chip at firstname.lastname@example.org