Posting to the CMS Job Board is a free service to CMS Member Schools. For non-CMS member schools, postings are $25. Click here to submit a job listing. Allow 3-5 business days for posting. Jobs will remain posted for 30 days.
Job Title: Montessori Teacher 6-9
Community Montessori School – Liberty Township, OH
Employment Opportunity – Montessori Teacher 6-9
Responsibilities and Skills:
* Provide a beautiful, orderly, nurturing and respectful environment to support and guide children’s growth, exploration and participation.
* Maintain clean and safe classroom environment for children.
* Candidate must be a believer in what children are capable of and be able to hold onto that belief on tough days
* Bring to the students a commitment to Maria Montessori’s method
* Embrace Community Montessori’s 19-acre nature space as a support for the child’s physical, social, and cognitive development
* Enjoy taking initiative and working with a small team of teachers who are committed to the vision of the school
* Strong communication with parents regarding their children’s progress and the beauty of the Montessori method
* Monitor and track children progress and ability to write development reports that accurately show a child’s progress and work in the classroom
* Have strong self awareness, maturity, respect for child, openness and humility
* A desire to develop relationships with the students, parents/families and staff
* Montessori Trained 6-9
* Minimum of 3 years experience
About Community Montessori School:
Community Montessori School was founded by Jamie Minniear in 2010. The school is the first and only Montessori school in Liberty Township, OH.
Jamie knew she wanted to be a teacher from the time she was 8 years old. She started teaching in traditional environments until she enrolled her own children into a Montessori preschool. From there, her fire for learning everything could about Montessori was lit!
She then went back to school to earn her Montessori certification and began teaching at Montessori Academy of Cincinnati. After 7 years of continued growth in passion for what she saw the philosophy do for children, she opened Community Montessori School in West Chester Ohio in 2010.
A missing piece to fully executing what Jamie believed critical for children was a consistent connection with nature. She bridged that gap in 2018 by purchasing a 19 acre property in Liberty Township and relocated her school. The space has open areas for farming and 10 acres of woods with trails and creeks where children are in contact with nature daily.
Jamie believes that there is nothing more important than having passionate, committed teachers. If this sounds like a fit for you we’d love to share more about what we are up to!
Please send inquiries to Jamie Minniear at email@example.com
Job Title: Montessori Lead Teachers
Terry’s Montessori School, Inc.
Wyoming, Ohio 45215
Office Phone: (513) 761-3836
Fax number: (513) 761-3858
Terry’s Montessori School is a private
Montessori school located in the quiet residential
area Wyoming, Ohio. We are currently seeking to fill the following full time/ part time positions:
• 6 Weeks to 3 Years old Lead Teachers
• 3 Years old to 6 Years old Lead Teachers with a strength in Math
Positions are for the upcoming 2019-2020 school year and 2019 summer session.
Credentials for our 3-6 year program include: Bachelor’s
Degree in Education and/or Montessori Certified. Infant/Toddler teachers require the above credentials and/or experience with children.
If interested please contact Carolyn Burke in the office at (513) 761-3836 or send your resume to Terrys@terrysmontessori.com
Job Title: 3-6 Montessori teacher
This position is a Co Teaching position to begin August 2019 at our three class room school that sits on 5 acres. We have had the privileged of serving New Albany and many surrounding communities since our opening in 2000. We are looking for a caring and dedicated teacher to join our staff. Our school year runs August through the end of May. We follow a typical calendar in relation to days off and breaks. Salary will be based on experience.
– All prospective applicants MUST have a Montessori 3 – 6 Certification.
-Must hold at least a high school diploma and provide proof of graduation.
-Two years of experience preferred.
– Be responsible to acquire the 6 hours of in-service training required annually by the State of Ohio.
-Must be fingerprinted
– Be responsible for all aspects of classroom preparation, cleaning and planning.
– Maintain parent communication through monthly newsletter and regular contact made by phone.
– Maintain daily notes on children during the morning 9 – 12 work cycle.
– Oversee a portion of the lunch program
– Participate and prepare for parent teacher conference and two evening meetings.
– Take at least two shifts of aftercare until 6:00 per week.
Job Title: Montessori Toddler Assistant
Job Description: Central Montessori Academy is seeking a full time Montessori Toddler Assistant; the position is Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 2:30 pm. CMA is a small school serving children ages 18 months to 12 years. Come join our community and get experience working in a Montessori classroom. If you are interested in this position send your resume to Kristin Patterson, Head of School firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out the job description to learn more.
Job Title: Admission and Office Associate
Job Description: Central Montessori Academy is seeking a full time Admission and Office Associate; the position is Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 3:30 pm. CMA is a small school serving children ages 18 months to 12 years. Come join our community and If you are interested in this position send your resume to Kristin Patterson, Head of School email@example.com . Check out the job description to learn more.
Job Title: 6-9 Montessori Teacher
Job Title: 6-9 Instructional Assistant
Job Description: Prince of Peace Montessori School is seeking a full-time 6-9 Instructional Assistant for for the 2019-2020 school year. The ideal candidate would have a sincere willingness to learn and incorporate all aspects of the Montessori philosophy in the classroom. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: respect for children and adults, facilitate lessons and classroom management as directed by the Lead Teacher, general housekeeping for a Montessori environment and help with supervision during recess and/or daily duties. Please send a resume to Principal, Kathy Handorf at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Assistant Montessori teacher
Farmview Montessori Garden is looking for an energetic, responsible and dedicated Full time 3-6 assistant Montessori teacher for the 2019-2020 school year. . Responsibles include set up and presentations of the practical life, sensorial areas and knowledge of 3 year olds and their development. The ideal candidate will be able to easily fit into an establish program and follow the routine, take direction and be open to suggestions. The hours are 8:30am-4:30pm. Applicant must have Montessori knowledge, experience or certification. Please send resumes to email@example.com attention Judy Ruberg or call the school at 513-737-0479
Job Title: Assistant Teacher – Xavier University Montessori Lab School
XUMLS is hiring for three Assistant Teacher positions: Elementary I full time (academic year), Elementary II full time (academic year) and Elementary I and II part time (academic year). Job description and link to apply are in the attachment.
Job Title: 6-9 teacher
The New School Montessori is looking for a passionate and caring lower elementary teacher. We are the only fully accredited AMS school in Cincinnati and are committed to unlocking the potential within every child through the Montessori method.
With a focus on the social/emotional lives of children, and a lunch program that honors the the value of delicious/environmentally responsible/and nutritious lunches, we have built culture over the past 48 years that embraces and celebrates the whole child.
We are looking for AMS credentialed candidates who share our values and are energetic, compassionate, and eager to make a difference in the world.
Head of School
3 Burton Woods Lane
Job Title: Nature-based Montessori Preschool Teacher
Shine is a Nurture Center which provides a healthy space for the nourishment and growth of young children while they are away from their parents. Shine provides holistic, nurturing, nature-based, & play-based care.
Shine is currently hiring 2 professional Montessori Preschool Teachers (classroom ages 2.5-5 years). These teachers should have a degree or be working on a degree or certificate in Montessori education and should have a strong nature-based education philosophy. Our preschoolers go outside everyday year-round. One job will begin in May 2019 and the other in August 2019, so there is some flexibility with start-date.
We are a full-day program, so the shifts are typically 7:45am-4pm or 8:30 – 5pm.
Salary is $12-$16/hour, depending on education and experience.
We are a small, homey center with a great reputation and a wonderful group of families and staff. Our preschool classroom cares for 14-16 children daily with 2 teachers. Please check out our website at http://www.shine-childcare.org for more information about our program and philosophy.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter & resume to Katie McGoron, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Part-Time Music Instructor, Grades 1-8
Department: Support Staff Job Status: Part time
Proposed Hours: 10 hours total per week (approximately) plus performance dates for Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary and Junior High concerts. Playing Piano at Mass with Junior High students also needed- 6 masses.
Starting Date: August 19, 2019
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience, education and credentials, according to the school’s established hourly rate schedule for teachers.
I. Purpose: The purpose of the music teacher is to coordinate and facilitate the implementation of curriculum and instruction for music for the purpose of increasing students’ knowledge and the understanding of music around them.
II. Qualifications and Requirements
- Education Level: Bachelors Degree
- Experience Desired: Three (3) years in a similar position.
III. Essential Functions/Skills:
- Has knowledge of Ohio New Learning Standards for K-12 Music.
- Plans and implements lessons that are engaging and reflect the Ohio New Learning Standards.
- Monitors student achievement and utilizes the data to guide and inform instruction.
- Records quarterly grades into the Renweb system by quarter deadline.
- Working with teachers and administration to develop a quality music program.
- Establishes a professional and supportive relationship with all students, parents, colleagues and administration.
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior.
- Meets attendance requirements.
- Participates in ongoing professional growth and serves on committees or groups as requested.
- Be open to new endeavors, such as, grant writing to expand our program.
Kindness, willingness to help out with other school tasks as needed – the children’s needs come first in this building
Respect of others
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Contact: Patty Normile, Principal, email@example.com
Mercy Montessori Center 2335 Grandview Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45206 www.mercymontessori.org